- St George
- Find your local
- What's On
- Real Estate
Animal Control / Community Safety Officer
(Vacancy Reference SF17/945)
- Full-time (36.25 hours per week)
- $56K - $63K plus superannuation & allowances
About the role
To provide a high level of response to Animal Control and Community Safety compliance issues across the Maranoa region. Assisting in community education and implementation of regulatory compliance, investigations, inspections and monitoring of Council’s local laws, delegated state and other government legislation. Areas of focus include:
- Animal control
- Abandoned vehicles
- Unsightly & Overgrown Allotments
Key Selection Criteria
The skills and experience we’re looking for
- Demonstrated ability to confidently and safely handle and control animals, including knowledge of operational procedures relating to the impound and care of animals
- Ability to accurately interpret and apply legislation and Council’s local laws to make well informed decisionse
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to prepare clear and concise reports and provide well considered and informed recommendations
- Commitment to a team-based approach, with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment to ensure the delivery of a high standard of customer service
- Experience in investigating and resolving customer complaints with a focus on community education and positive outcomes
- Strong organisational skills, with the drive and ability to work with minimal supervision and adhere to strict timeframes
The qualifications you must have
- Current C (Car) Class Driver Licence
- Current Work with Children Check (Blue Card) or ability to obtain
- Review the Position Description
- Respond to the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) - tell us how your knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of this role
Submit your application (resume and KSC responses) to Council by the closing date
- Online www.maranoa.qld.gov.au
- Post PO Box 620, Roma Qld 4455
- In-person (at any Customer Service Centre across the Region)
Our preference is for applications to be submitted online as it enables us to immediately confirm your application has been received.
If you are submitting your application by post or in person, you will need to include the Application Cover Sheet.
Please provide information that is both recent and relevant. Your application is your introduction to Council. It should outline your ability to perform the role and how you will contribute to our team.
Closing date: 5:00pm Monday, 11 December 2017
Need more information?
Telephone: 1300 007...