- St George
- Find your local
- What's On
- Real Estate
Team Coordinator – Materials Production (Quarry & Quarry Pits)
(Vacancy Reference SF17/969)
- Full-time (38 hours per week)
- $79K - $95K plus superannuation & allowances
About the role
To coordinate the cost effective sourcing and supply construction materials and quarry products for Council works from the Roma Quarry and strategic locations across the region to minimise transportation costs and ensure compliance with legislative, legal, safety and environmental responsibilities.
To maintain quality relationships with internal and external statutory reporting and traditional owner agency stakeholders to ensure assets remain open and provide suitable material stocks to Council and commercial clients.
Key Selection Criteria
The skills and experience we’re looking for
- Extensive experience in the supervision and delivery of a materials production program including monitoring progress of works and costs
- Ability to undertake planning for key inputs to Council’s road construction projects including identification and access to water and gravel resources
- Demonstrated experience in supervising worksites including work supervision and monitoring progress of works and costs
- Ability to plan, cost and schedule works to meet agreed service delivery requirements, standards, budgets and timeframes
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritise and organise work to achieve goals and meet deadlines, including dealing with - Good verbal communication and listening skills and ability to provide a clear sense of direction and convey expectations to team members and contractors
- Commitment to a team-based approach, with demonstrated ability to lead and work in a team environment to achieve Council’s goals and departmental work program projects and tasks
- Well developed written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepared clear and concise reports and provide well considered and informed recommendations
- Good literacy and numeracy skills to prepare reports, maintain written records and perform mathematical calculations
The qualifications you must have
- A current C (car) Class Driver Licence
- General Construction Induction (White) Card
- Certificate IV in Surface Extraction Operations or similar qualification with extensive industry experience
- Eligibility for appointment as a Site Senior Executive (SSE) as defined by the Mining and Quarrying Safety and Health Act 1999
- Review the Position Description
- Respond to the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) - tell us how your knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications meet the requirements of this role
Submit your application (resume and KSC responses) to Council by the closing date
- Online www.maranoa.qld.gov.au
- Post PO Box 620, Roma Qld 4455
- In-person (at any Customer Service Centre across the Region)
Our preference is for applications to be submitted online as it enables us to immediately confirm your application has been received. If you are submitting your application by post or in person, you will need to include the Application Cover Sheet.
Please provide information that is both recent and relevant. Your application is your introduction to Council. It should outline your ability to perform the role and how you will contribute to our team.
Closing date: 5:00pm Monday, 11 December 2017
Need more information?
Telephone: 1300 007...