Investigators explain reason for house inferno
THREE people managed to escape to safety after a fire began to burn out of control in their Charleville home.
Fire crews worked through the afternoon and evening to contain the blaze and put out spot fires at the Wills St residence, after being called to the scene shortly after 3pm on Saturday.
Queensland Fire and Emergency Services told the Western Times three trucks were called to the blaze, with the first arriving at 3.20pm to find the structure already well involved.
The fire was contained by 3.35pm and the crews remained on the scene until 9.30pm, putting out spot fires on adjoining properties and dampening hot spots.
Paramedics were also called to assess the three people who escaped the fire, but none were seriously injured and transportation to hospital was not required.
The cause of the fire was investigated by the Charleville CIB, which deemed the fire as not suspicious.
Officers determined the fire started in the kitchen and was most likely a cooking accident.
St Mary's School was adjacent to the fire and the school's Cobb and Co Hall sustained some damage from the fire and smoke.
The school has cordoned off the hall for the time being and extended its thanks to the firefighters who contained the blaze next door.
"Thank you Charleville Fire Service," the school wrote on social media.
"St Mary's is very grateful for your fast response and professionalism in dealing with the fire on our boundary on Saturday."